Car Salesmen


“People commonly have a negative perception of car salespeople based on the long-held view that they use high pressure and manipulation to sell vehicles.” (http://work.chron.com/disadvantages-being-car-salesman-12773.html)

Probably one of the most awkward things about being an adoptive parent candidate is the feeling of having to “sell” yourself to birth mothers.  I completely understand that it is part of the process, and that there is no way around it, but I want to state, for the record, that I know it’s awkward and I don’t want to come across as a “car salesperson”. We are not out to misrepresent the facts and try to make ourselves look better than we are.  That is a big reason why we started this blog.  If you are a birth mother, please read on with the understanding that this is uncensored, 100% Austin and Kim goodness.  To get things started here are some true blue facts:
  • ·      We don't eat healthy all the time.  For example, I LOVE nachos… anytime, anywhere, yum!
  • ·      We watch 1-2 TV shows almost every night
  • ·      We workout 1-2 times per week (on a good week, often times less)
  • ·      We participate in outdoor events about once per month (i.e. hiking and every once in a while we even do a 5K running event…yes, we are wild like that!)
  • ·      We love going to the movies!  We are already planning on going to “Thor”, “The Hunger Games”, and “The Hobbit” (just to name a few).
  • ·      Austin loves to make spreadsheets in Excel (I often find equations written on scraps of paper throughout the house for projects he is working on)
  • ·      Austin serves in the National Guard one weekend every month and while he is gone I throw girl parties
  • ·      We’ve had to ban Settlers of Catan as our board game of choice due to a heated game back in March... what can I say, I guess we're competitive 
  • I'm not always super sensitive and nurturing.  For example, I will often cheer when my nieces or nephews bonk their heads to help them realize that small things that startle them do not always hurt them. Right after a bonking occurs, most children react with crying but when you cheer them on, they rethink what happened and realize that they are ok.  I can't take credit for thinking of this tactic but, I must say, it is genius.  
  • And lastly, Austin is usually cleaner than I am... there I said it, don't be a hater


There are probably more things about us to say but my mind is drawing a blank!  

Comments

Popular Posts