Fuzzy Red Blanket - Going Down in Style

My blue translucent curtains dance near the open window and my calendar is tapping lightly against the wall. In the distance I hear kids playing games, perhaps a PE class from the nearby school. 

As I sit in my front room, I feel the breeze on my face and am thinking about how it is wisping against me and how it is filling my lungs... quite amazingly I might add. I'm also calming my heart, trying to calm my mind and then just breathing. It seems that's all I do lately, is breath. Well, or maybe that's all I really need to do. Just trying to take a moment to reflect, trying to take a moment to be free. Free from distractions, free from responsibility, and free from fearing what my life will be like in a week. Today is my last Wednesday as a mom, yesterday was my last Tuesday... And it goes on and on.  Everyday until March 29th there will be a "last" of something. It may not be the "last" for forever, but it will be the last for a while. As a result I find it quite comfortable to sit here and breath. I'm realizing how much I truly enjoy this soft red-fuzzy blanket that the kids got me... Wait, not the kids again! Another last! This is the last red-fuzzy blanket they'll ever give me! Oh goodness. Life stinks sometimes. 
...Awkward picture of  me with my fuzzy red blanket... Probably the hardest thing about blogging is trying to find a good picture to go with my words... oh well!
I'm also trying to plan. Since today is our "last Wednesday" I'm considering something fun. (For the record, not only is it our "last Wednesday", it's technically the last day we get the kids for the whole afternoon/evening, like from 3pm - bedtime. The rest of this weekend, Thurs-Sun, they'll be staying with their dad and Monday we only get them from 6pm - bedtime. Oh, and then Tuesday is judgement day... 🎶Dun-dun-dun🎶). So today is kind of a big deal. 

What stinks is that I haven't taken the time to think about what to do and now we're here with no awesome plan. I mean, if we're going to go down the parenthood chain (meaning going from parents to not-parents), we might as well go down in style, right?!  So I'm thinking afternoon hooky for my first grader and doing something that will blow their minds... Like laundry... Jk... But seriously, I do have to fit that in somewhere too! 

Anyways, it's about 1 PM, waiting for my son to wake up from his nap and then it's game on for afternoon/evening of awesomeness!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts