Awkward Moments


"Hello!  My name is Jorge!"
(I know, Everyone tells me it should be a girl because of the fabric but when I finished making him, it just had to be Jorge, it was a gut instinct.  If you're a future birthmother, please know that I take my naming ability seriously and that when it comes to human children, I will definitely use a boy name for a boy and a girl name for a girl... just a heads up!)

A few years ago I started a sewing business.  Since our move to Arizona I have yet to start it back up, but I wanted to take a moment to introduce you to my Gobble Fish, Jorge.  He is quite the charmer and most children love getting their hands "gobbled up"  by the fish when reaching inside its mouth for treats or toys.  I had the idea of making a regular pouch into an animal or monster of some kind and my husband helped come up with a pattern.  Voila!  Gobble Fish delight!

Ok, here's the scoop, sometimes I feel a little awkward around other people's kids.  I guess I'm only human, thinking everyone is judging the way I act or react around them because we don't have any, even though they probably don't care.  I've found that my Gobble Fish really helps me to be more comfortable in those situations.  It's a great ice breaker and, let's be honest, what kid doesn't like a secret pouch full of something they'll love?  So in the end, not only do those situations become less awkward but I also trick everyone into thinking that they like me... it's a win-win, right? 



The Jamaican counter part... This one has already been sold and was never named.  
What would you name it?

The funny thing is that in Indiana I got the rep as the "fish lady" and every Sunday at church there was a select group of children that always sought me out for their treat.  I think it was probably a bigger treat for me then it was for them!  I still take Jorge with me most every Sunday just in case I can help brighten the day of an unsuspecting child... or adult.  If you need a little spice in your life, just ask to reach inside my Gobble Fish and you won't be disappointed!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts