Lifting the Fog


Lifting the Fog
By Kimberly Gwynn

The water drips constantly on my feet,
The rhythm it makes is a constant beat.
These moments of longing come and go,
A ship trying to sail with no mast in stow.

I look in the mirror and see nothing but fog,
Is this my motherhood? A dream then a dog?
A yearning inside keeps moving me forth,
Hopeful inspiration is keeping my course.

“What if’s” and “why’s” are plaguing my soul
“Shh, don’t cry, it’s much harder to toll”.
My emotions held deep to cover my fears,
Is motherhood harder than it appears?

Adoption is brilliant, good and kind,
Will it help settle my troubled mind?
My love for children and love for God
Bring me solace on this rocky sod.

“Please be kind, please help me Lord,
Get through this battle that seems forlorn.”
The fog will lift and I hope to see,
My Lord, my God, has not forsaken me.


We are finally nearing the end of our adoption certification.  The classes are over and only the home study is left.  In a matter of a month or so we will be on the official "looking to adopt" registry which is exciting/ nerve racking!  The closer we get, the more I am contemplating how our life will be with children, will I be a good mother?  Will I know what to do in difficult situations?  How will it affect us financially?  etc.

I often find myself praying on my way to and from work for guidance and strength.  A special thanks to all that have kept up with my blogging and have supported me through this process. 

Comments

Popular Posts