A Room of Toys


Slightly awkward picture of us cleaning up after dinner! :)

On a typical evening Austin and I will eat a simply cooked homemade meal and watch a couple of our favorite TV shows (i.e. Castle, Once Upon A Time, Revolution, etc).  I usually start to get restless after our second show and try to find ways to expel energy.  Some activities I like to do are stretching, cleaning the apartment/ doing laundry or, my most favorite thing, baiting Austin into playing a game with me.  These games are usually silly ones I make up and have included: tag (in our small 2 bedroom apartment), wrestling (literally, get your mind out of the gutter!) and practicing self defense moves (how often do you hear a wife tell her husband to pretend to choke her?).  Needless to say, Austin and I spend almost every evening together and often enjoy each other’s company.  

It was during one of these typical nights a couple of weeks ago that I was looking around our living room and I had a vision of toys strewed across the floor.  I pictured a young child playing with those toys and felt a sense of peace.  It only happened for a second but in that second it reconfirmed to me that there is a child waiting for us and I feel very strongly that this child is going to make our family whole. 

Sometimes I hear my friends and family, who have children, complain about messy rooms and toys that cover their floors.  In my small and somewhat clean apartment, I often wish I had that same problem.  The funny thing is that I know once I have that problem, I may not be whistling the same tune! (well, as far as the messy part goes, right?)     

Comments

Popular Posts